• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Dragon Ball Z - Easter bunny here to grant your wish! Happy Easter everyone! Made by Madjadz

    Dragon Ball Z - Easter bunny here to grant your wish! Happy Easter everyone! Made by Madjadz


    Easter bunny here to grant your wish! Happy Easter everyone! Made by Madjadz

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    I kinda hate Goku...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    So I'm a pretty casual fan of DragonBall and since I like rewatching fights on YouTube I decided to give dbz another go. When I decided to watch the series again I found myself hating goku... Like this dude just kinda sucks. There's videos explaining how he's like the best dad, husband, person ever and I just don't get it. I don't feel like writing an essay but I'll give bullet points.

    1. Puts a DragonBall on his kids head which makes him a target. (whole point of a garlic Jr movie.)

    2. The whole point of cell saga where goku forces Gohan to be the savior. Trains Gohan for a whole year with no real conversations about anything other than training. Piccolo had to straight up tell him he was a shit dad. Like goku pays the price for it, but all the does is make chichi a single mom with a new baby on the way.

    3. When goku comes back he is legit the reason for the creation of buu, if he just stomped Majin vegeta buu wouldn't have hatched. To add to that, even when buu hatches he basically let's Gohan get put into a coma (at that point he legit thought Gohan died) and instead of getting revenge and killing fat buu in ssj3... He decides to do the EXACT same thing he did in the cell saga. He puts the fate of the universe on his EVEN YOUNGER son Goten. To make it worse he decides to put someone else's kids life on the line, Bulma's kid trunks. Like goku, she just lost her husband because of your dumbass coming back, and now you want her kid to die.... Which leads me to....

    4. Goku chooses Mr Satan and Dende instead of his own family. Idk how goku is considered a good dad of he legit let's his family die by explosion. Gohan and goten were blown up into microscopic particles of blood and guts by kid buu, and goku is a great dad.... That's insane to me that people think that. Like people make the argument that goku did what was needed for the universe. You know the whole line about the needs of the many out way the needs of the few... But your kids should always be the exception. The thing is that line of thinking doesn't work because we also have he namekian dragonballs. He could have wished back the earth and Dende and still had a wish left over.

    5. Idk goku can't sit still during a college interview in the first broly movie... Idk I'm grasping here because 5 reasons is better than 4.

    Dragonball super has a whole host of other problems like Goku being responsible for whole universes being deleted, frieza blowing up earth because he's an idiot, and showing that he never really loved chichi which retcons his living moment in DragonBall.

    Like I said, I'm a casual fan of DragonBall, I actually like DragonBall the most. It had the best character development, most consistent art quality, power scaling was OK, and goku wasn't a dumb insensitive unthinking asshole.

    submitted by /u/StoicFoam
    [link] [comments]

    How's my DragonBall set up?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    If majin buu were to learn kaioken would it do damage on his body?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Kaioken damages the body, but in the case with buu he has a gum like body which regenerates. So if buu were to get kaioken could he use it to its full potential or would it also damage him?

    submitted by /u/InThana
    [link] [comments]

    The Buu Saga is Weirdly Underrated ?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Is the Majiin Buu Saga weirdly underrated ?? I feel like its home to some of the best moments/development in DBZ !

    1. Majiin Vegeta (and Vegetas Atonement !)
    2. Ultimate Gohan
    3. Vegito
    4. SS3 Goku
    submitted by /u/ThaRationalist
    [link] [comments]

    [self] Master Roshi from Dragonballz by Vi0letteverse

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    [OC] Happy Easter! Here's some Bunny Bulma fanart.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Do you think chichi is a good or bad parent I think both

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    So yes she's a good mother and only wants what's best for her kids but she's goes way to far. On gohans birthday she tells him to study, when gohan is hurt and they are in the hospital after the sayain saga she's making him study while waiting for the doctor like come on chichi. I understand wanting to make sure your son is smart and has a career but this is way too much.

    submitted by /u/ihateentiteldmothwrs
    [link] [comments]

    Massive Foreshadowing!!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Massive Foreshadowing!!

    I was just watching a few parts of dragon ball and I came across this gem while watching episode 118. To my big surprise, it seems that Dr Brief had the design for Guru Guru (In GT) prepared ever since dragonball.

    https://preview.redd.it/mlo22m7qtds41.jpg?width=949&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6a8fc6b1ff03d016729d63e16f3da0fed7ce1fe9

    I apologize in advance if this was mentioned before.

    submitted by /u/Levi_PigPiss
    [link] [comments]

    Gogeta vs Vegito war, why choose one side?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    This is very popular topic within the fanbase, but I rarely see anyone who chooses both.

    To me they are the same person. Shouldn't it be obvious? They are both 50% Goku and 50% Vegeta!

    I can already hear the counter arguments :

    1 But they have different pesonalities.

    Oh like how the main characters are always consistant. Nobody stays the same in this universe, the growth of Goku, Vegeta and the situation of the fight will make the fusions act different. It's just how it is. Remember how SSJ4 Gogeta is different from SSJ Gogeta?

    2 They look different.

    Yes, but imagine your friends got a complete do-over to their look. They are still them because they are the same inside. The fusions' esthetic changes only come from the method they use, but are still evenly Goku and Vegeta.

    3 Different move sets?

    This is just silly, DB characters create new moves or forget their old ones everytime! Remember foot kamehameha? How about when Vegito used the spirit sword out of nowhere? At this point both Goku and Vegeta have so much Ki control and fighting experience that anything can be used anytime. The fusions themselves aren't consistent in move sets everytime they appear anyway.

    4 Voice. Gogeta has more of Goku's and Vegito has more of Vegeta's

    I'm actually not sure if this is true or not cus I only watch subs. But if this is the case, you got me.

    5 Why would they name themselves differently then?

    Easy. Marketing. Toei could have EASILY used Vegito in Fusion Reborn but nah, they needed a fresh 'new character'.

    Edit: as pointed out by the comment 5 was a misconception of mine, sorry about that! But I still stand by the fact because naming intentions do not change what a person is inside

    What do you guys think? I know this will be bashed on like hell, but I still stand by it. Please comment if I have any misconceptions!

    submitted by /u/profoundpath
    [link] [comments]

    What would you guys change in DB(Z, Kai, Super, GT)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    What would you guys change about some of the series? including GT(I know its not canon)

    submitted by /u/TrippyTaco101
    [link] [comments]

    Early last year I decided to show my fiancé Dragonball fully expecting them to not really get into it. Tonight, we just wrapped up the last episode of Z!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    My partner already liked anime before we met, but somehow they missed the whole toonami wave which caused them miss a lot of what many would consider "the classics."

    They showed me so many things I had not been exposed to and I wanted to show them DBZ because I was obsessed with it as kid in the late 90's. Back then the show was not as accessible as it is today and I never got to really complete it. So also wanted to see it again.

    But I was still nervous, it's not as polished as some of the anime out today and I could see anyone checking out after 10 episodes of filler. I knew I really liked this show and if I was going to watch it, it was going to take forever...

    So we started slow with just Dragonball, which I also had not really seen in it's entirety. Though I did have a pretty clear idea as to what was going to happen after spending like a year or two of my childhood reading the summaries on sites like planetnamek.com or futuretrunks2057. Over all this hooked my partner because of how adorable the show is, and when it came time for Z I offered them an out. After all Dragonball in itself is lot of episodes. But it didn't matter, they got equally as obsessed as I am and encourage me to put it on. Once Vegeta showed up, we were in for long haul and it has grown to become one of their favorite animes.

    So here we are, finally in the modern timeline sans movies... what now?

    submitted by /u/Guitarfoxx
    [link] [comments]

    Goku's actual debut age

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Remember when Goku said he was 14 when he debuted (these panels were hand-translated by me)?

    That actually makes a whole lot of sense nowadays.

    Back then, it's been accepted that Goku is actually 12 (born in Age 737, debuting at that age in September of 749 all the way to May of 750). He could have said he was 14 because he didn't understand the concept of counting until Roshi taught him, making him point out his real age at the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai. But when the minor retcons came about his origins, he wouldn't exactly be 12 anymore, would he?

    When DB Minus came out, it was mentioned that Goku was actually 3 years old, the setting now in 739 (taking place around the same time as Jaco in the summer sometime before August 18 (Bulma is stated to be 5 around that time), which is 10 years before the start of Dragon Ball). If we take Goku serious with his statement, that would mean he'd be born in 735, sometime before September.

    For those of you scratching your heads and figuring out, "If he's 14 in his debut, he'd be 17 three years later at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai. Why would he still look like a kid??" DBS: Broly kinda clears that up by stating how Goku might be a late bloomer due to still being small when he's three.

    It's just an observation on my part to make a little more sense of the timeline and certain character ages.

    tl;dr Goku's debut age is retconned from 12 right back to his first statement of 14 due to DB Minus and DBS: Broly.

    submitted by /u/ShenValor
    [link] [comments]

    Would "mustard" be an appropriate name for the original super saiyan god or the original legendary super saiyan?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment