• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 22, 2020

    Dragon Ball Z - My Postboy Piccolo cosplay!

    Dragon Ball Z - My Postboy Piccolo cosplay!


    My Postboy Piccolo cosplay!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:54 AM PST

    Trunks - drawn by me

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:27 AM PST

    [Open Image] Super Gogeta by me and a friend. We hope You like it :D

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I drew Gogeta in the style of the Kanzenban covers

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Finished up a Christmas present I've been working on for my son

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Some of you liked my rendition of Goku so I thought I’d share my take on Vegeta!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Gohan SSJ2 Minimal - Practising My Vector Skills

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Recreated a scene from Dragon Ball GT in CGI and matte painting. One of the shots that didn't make the final cut of a full video.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:27 PM PST

    I drew a friend as super saiyan

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:03 PM PST

    How does Zamasu get Goku Black/Future Goku's body if he is already dead?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:35 PM PST

    Sorry if it was said in the anime and I just missed it, but I don't remember specifically how he swapped bodies with Goku, if he already had died of a heart disease. If he didn't die of the heart disease yet then why is it not mentioned that Goku had the body of some random kai at his death in the revised version?

    submitted by /u/HaybaleHayes
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the name of the song in the Granolah The Survivor Arc Trailer?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:41 PM PST

    Did I get Goku wrong during my childhood and now losing my nostalgia goggles or did he regress in Super?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:47 PM PST

    I'm having a hard time being entertained when Goku is now insufferable in some scenes with regards to his family. I read so many threads about this already and the usual answer is that the English dub made him Superman.

    But I mostly watched Dragon Ball in three languages during my childhood: Filipino from Chi Chi & Piccolo saga up to the Buu Saga, Japanese in the old movies like the Broly ones and the History of Trunks. English dub I watched when it's on the television, mostly rewatches. Forgot what language I watched GT with.

    My impression of Goku is that he's always been simple-minded and hungry for good fights but he gets serious when something threatens everything important to him.

    Even though he's not as developed in Vegeta in a sense that he didn't really transform from outright evil to someone who learned a bit of compassion, Goku does have an arc: embracing Earth as his home and being above the barbaric ways of the Saiyans. He loves good fights but Goku never hurts innocent people unlike his fellow Saiyans. Being a low class Saiyan defeating Frieza is a good story arc as well.

    Yes I remember he hit his head and lost his feral instincts, but I think we should give Goku credit for his conscious decisions.

    I watched all three Super movies and I'm currently just starting the Trunks arc DB Super in English dub and Goku from what I watch:

    • Doesn't give a shit about Videl being pregnant.
    • Never helped Chichi with chores. Ever.
    • Chichi had to tell him to bring money home for Goten's education, instead of him having any initiative to provide.
    • Can't even at least bond with Pan without Chichi nagging him to.
    • Far ahead the Trunks arc: Doesn't understand that it's important why Vegeta needs to be with Bulma when she's gonna give birth.

    I'm appalled and it's not funny. So I did research and rewatched some old scenes.

    Toriyama had a quote where Goku views his family like he views his friends, because Saiyans are wired that way. It's frequently quoted to explain his current character.

    But then I rewatched the Raditz episodes and saw a few things:

    • Goku was parenting Gohan
    • His first reaction to Raditz wasn't excitement or itching for good fight, but saw him a threat to the safety of his family
    • I saw an anime clip where he's bringing a tree home to Chichi (equivalent of a man chopping wood)

    Which is in contrast with his Super self that annoys me. At least in the other DBZ arcs there's an active threat or he's dead. Sure Goku has really questionable moments in the Cell arc but that's another discussion.

    I'd like to here more thoughts about this. Am I just shedding my childhood nostalgia? Has Goku had always been this apathetic to his family? Or is this just bad writing in Super? Or is this just a product of the sexist comedy trope of a nagging Tiger mom ruining the "fun" of the men? Will it get better in Super or should I lower my expectations?

    submitted by /u/pinkpugita
    [link] [comments]

    Magic in Dragon Ball and missed potential.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:19 AM PST

    So even though Ki and Martial arts are the main powers in dragon ball, there are a lot of characters with magic and considered wizards or similar (To name some: Uranai Baba, Babidi, buu, old Kaioshin, the Dragon tribe namekians, maybe even yardratians since their powers seem similar to namekians.)

    I think it's a shame that so few good main characters have magic abilities, since they allow for more creative freedom and interesting gimmicks instead of "Imma punch you harder!". I don't think there's any real precedence to magic being taught in-universe, but if it could be taught, then I would have loved to see Gohan becoming a wizard-type character. He was initially trained by picollo (he might have been a warrior tribe namekian, but he could conjure clothes and he later fuse back with Kami), he underwent both Guru's and old kaioshin's power up rituals and he was always a more scholarly type than his team mates and had less of a martial artist drive. I think they tried to show his scholarly side in DBS by being the strategist, but it kinda felt flat.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/klausiboy
    [link] [comments]

    Customs by my gf

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:17 PM PST

    What is gogeta looking at

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:06 AM PST

    Sticker bombed my water bottle at 4:30 AM while watching Dragon Ball

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:40 AM PST

    3 Zeno's? Is future trunk's timeline doomed?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:57 AM PST

    As we all know, Zeno isn't above time. We know that because bulmas time machine and trunks using it created a duplicate Zeno, Completely unaware that he's been replicated since trunks' timeline is the true original. (Or the one where cell kills him?)

    Anyway there are two Zeno's in current universe 7. At the end of the Zamasu arc, Whis resets trunks future before Zamasu wrecked everything. Meaning technically, Zeno is back. Unless whis' time control is more efficient than the time machine, but It isn't, considering whis warned that a copy of trunk and mai would already be there. Making it possible that another Zeno will be there since it wasn't really a rewind, but a reset. If Zeno is back, the that means universe 7 and all others that participated in the tournament will be erased. U7 Was already 2nd lowest but now that Beerus is dead and whis is deactive. U7 is probably rock bottom. No Kai's to protect and promote growth and no GoD to destroy and keep balance, since whis presumably reset time to after Buu saga. Even if he reset it to before, his universe is still doomed because goku isnt there and Beerus never enticed Zeno about the tournament. They will just wipe all universes because they're low leveled and all trunks effort will be in vain.

    submitted by /u/KeatonTS
    [link] [comments]

    Saiyan God King - OC

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:42 PM PST

    Majin Tien artwork by me

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:25 AM PST

    It's kind of funny how Goku seemed okay with stopping Buu before he hatched.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:53 PM PST

    This is the same guy that let Vegeta go just so he could fight him again. The same guy who let Freeza power up to 100%. And the same guy who let Gero finish the Androids.

    Yet with Buu, I guess he just sort of forgets his lust for battle and is perfectly on board with stopping Buu before he's hatched. You'd think that given his past actions he'd just let Buu be complete, especially since Babidi's minions weren't a challenge at all, but he immediately signs on to stopping Buu before they can actually fight them.

    submitted by /u/tfwnolife33
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment