• Breaking News

    Friday, September 18, 2020

    Dragon Ball Z - [VIZ] Dragon Ball Super Chapter 64

    Dragon Ball Z - [VIZ] Dragon Ball Super Chapter 64


    [VIZ] Dragon Ball Super Chapter 64

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Happy Friday! It’s been a while since I’ve shared a cosplay of mine here, hope y’all like!

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Broly pixelart by me

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Hand-Drawn DBZ Animation Cells

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    I Rewatched Dragon Ball GT for the First Time in 10 Years - My Thoughts

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I Rewatched Dragon Ball GT for the First Time in 10 Years - My Thoughts

    So, long-time Dragon Ball fan since I was like... 3 years old-ish. I've watched all of DB, DBZ and GT, including Super and decided to go back and watch GT again for the first time, since I was 14. My thoughts after I watched it the first time was: this sucks, I hate it and everything about it. I decided it was time to go back and watch it again, with an open mind and see what all has changed from then to now.

    To kick things off: I did this retrospective with the DVD version of GT, because I love the original Japanese soundtrack. I love it so much that I actually learned Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku on Piano and performed it for my senior recital, alongside a bunch of other, unrelated, piano music. The DVD release that I have has options for both the Menza soundtrack and the original music, obviously, I went for the Japanese soundtrack with english voices. While I do, kind of, like SOME Menza pieces, it suffers from a lot of the same problems that Bruce Faulconer does, albeit to a MUCH worse degree. I.E., the music never learns when to shut up, everything has its own theme, most of the tracks are ear-rapingly bad, those annoying guitar riffs that are in almost every song, fucking "Step into the Grand Tour, Grand Tour, Dragon Ball GEE TEE!" Things I like about the Menza tracks: the Super 17 theme and... I think that's it - seriously, I'm not joking.

    I'm also just going to push the usual criticisms of the show on the sideline, because everyone and their mom has said it already, such as: Goku Show, all Saiyans - no Humans: Final Destination, it's all bad regardless of what you say, not canon, etc, etc, Milhouse is not a Meme, OP is a Weeb, etc.

    Music aside and all that: rewatching all of GT has made me appreciate some things they got right, while not hating the things they did wrong, just being more disappointed at those decisions. The Black Star Dragon Ball saga was a nice little return to form, to some degree and I enjoyed all the different locations, some of the "Enemies of the Week" episodes and a lot of the more humorous and light-hearted moments, despite the stakes of "OMG the Earth is going to blow the fuck up." Case and point: Vegeta, his stache and many of the moments with him and his family, while also dragging Goten and Trunks to the spaceship. ParaPara Brothers anyone? Trunks the Bride? A lot of the more one-off enemies that appear during this saga are pretty alright, such as Ledgic, who I think is actually a pretty cool dude, all things considered, even though his fight was pretty short. Even though it was short, it was beautifully animated and the best animation we have seen from DB in a LONG time. General (D)Rilldo and his Sigma Force was really cool and much of the fight on that planet was really well done, and I enjoyed seeing Goku's shit-eating grin and laughing at him, when in a corner, before transforming into a Super Saiyan. Much of this entire saga has a lot of these great moments, while there are some that are more... boring than anything, such as Lewd, which no matter how many times I watch the episodes around him, I cannot remember them to save my life. The same can be said for some of the worlds that appear within the saga that can be just kind of whatever. While I do appreciate the varying locales, different environments, I did wish they did a bit more with them.

    I don't want to get into describing each of the sagas and my opinion of them, because I can save you the time of me critiquing each one and just the tl;dr version:

    Black Star Dragon Ball Saga - Pretty good, very fun and has a lot of great moments. However, some of those moments are followed up with rather boring episodes that can make you drool out the side of your mouth something bad. Also, this:

    https://preview.redd.it/o4muc5emwzn51.jpg?width=1629&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6ec5b3b1c2c9a25f7dd992003a9cfe0022285f78

    Baby Saga - You either love it or you hate it, but I fucking love Baby, his story and how he gets shit done. Don't like that Majuub gets Majobbed immediately, because... duh, of course he does(?) Super Saiyan 4, nuff said, is pretty fucking dope and I love its theme in Japanese. Piccolo died for our sins, quite literally, and that was a very moving episode.

    Super 17 - Jesus Christ this saga sucks, but I appreciate all the cameos that are interspersed throughout, including Nappa getting Nappa'd by Vegeta. Super 17's Menza theme is awesome as hell and the same goes for his design, because damn. Also, the World Tournament, Slice of Life, Episode has to be one of the best filler episodes in Dragon Ball history that I've seen. It's so good, so funny and if you haven't seen this episode, do yourself a favor and go watch it.

    Shadow Dragons - Really good... in theory. A lot of wasted potential and a lot of things that could've been better. That said, I did find myself enjoying some of the fights and, of course, SSJ4 Gogeta. The ending of GT is so good, that it makes me wish that Super had an ending this good. That music.

    For GT as a whole and I feel about watching it again as an adult, my opinion of it is: It's not as bad as a lot of people say. Whether or not you hate GT for... reasons, that's your opinion and I completely respect it. I consider myself more on the apologists side of things, but that said: GT is by no means AMAZING, but it's by no means the worst thing ever. There are worse Dragon Ball movies than GT by itself and that says something. If I was to ever rate this, I'd say GT is, at best, an 8 and at its worst a 6. It's watchable and sometimes even great, but there are moments where it makes you just wanna stab your eye out with a fork with how dumb some of the writing decisions are. Because I have to make mention to it, yes: this is the Goku show and if you're a Goku fan you'll probably like it, but even if you are, you'll still hate how a lot of the other Saiyans get fucking rocked way more than they should. Also, some of the character designs are just not good, at all, mostly Goten, because my God is his design terrible. Even Majuub for how much they hyped him up, they made him do FUCKING NOTHING, most of the time and when he did have a moment it was not even worth noting.

    Overall: I felt that GT, while not the worst thing ever is better than I remembered it being and that's a good thing. I hated it, as a kid, for all the wrong reasons and mostly the social-ozmosis telling me to hate it. Some justified and some, clearly, unjustified. It has great moments that makes it stand out and A LOT of really good ideas, with albeit... shoddy execution. I'd say it's not as good as Super, for me at times, but I don't think it deserves the kind of blind hatred that people give it. If you do ever get the chance and want to go back and rewatch it, with the Japanese soundtrack (you'll thank me), please do so. Challenge your past expectations and give it another look. Put aside all the hateful memes, blind bashing and just go in with an open mind. Be critical, but not dismissive, and look at it under a microscope and ask yourself "was it really as bad as we all said it was?" It's good and watchable at best, mildly annoying at its worst, sometimes boring in-between, but what shows don't have that balance? If you go into this saying "why isn't my favorite character getting the representation they deserve?" and the answer to that is: marketing - which is the fruit of all evil corporate decisions.

    That wraps up my thoughts on GT, with my retrospective. Things I wish I did more of with this post was definitely being able to go more in-depth with the sagas, but frankly: I don't want to be here for 10 years writing down all of my thoughts on each saga. If I had more time, I would love to write it out, more in-depth with my opinions of each episode. If you are someone who decided to go back and rewatch the series, please let me know below and please tell me if your opinion changed or not. If not, that's totally fine, because at the end of the day: everyone is allowed to like or not like what they want. And please do not post hateful or otherwise spiteful comments at me or anyone else for feeling the way that they do - I want this to be somewhat educational, insightful, and more geared on discussion than trying to persuade why someone is wrong for feeling the way that they do.

    submitted by /u/lauferdc01
    [link] [comments]

    I got bored and decided to photo manipulate my Frieza cosplay.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I drew Yamcha. Beautiful dumbass. The Milhouse of DBZ. Himbo Prince; Long may he reign.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I tried drawing gohan from the Dragon Ball Legends art card, I hope you like it

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Gohan,drawn by me! :) Hope you all like it!

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Kibito kai's tea

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    So i was watching dbs clips, and one was when elder kai felt Beerus' destruction. When he gasps, kibito kai asks him if the tea is too bitter. I wonder, was that a foreshadow to Zamasu or was it just a coincidence?

    submitted by /u/aiirxgeordan
    [link] [comments]

    The Tournament of power is just one big pun.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I tried to see if others online had realized this, but it seems like nobody did so I'll go ahead and make in known. It is called the Tournament of Power, as we all know. With that in mind, take another look at the arena it takes place in.

    Its a top. The arena is a big top. A ToP.

    submitted by /u/orionthehoonter
    [link] [comments]

    Buuhan Doing The Ultimate Cannon Attack Drawn By Me

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Daughter found a weird Goku shirt while thrifting. Anyone wanna tell me what it says?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Can y’all help me find a screenshot of a DBZ Super Episode?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    Not sure what words to search but I've been trying to describe and find a pic of a face that pops up in DBZ Super, it's around when Zamasu was introduced or in his arc.

    It's a perfect circle face, with glowing red eyes and a creepy smile. The face itself is black. That's about as much as I remember. I hope any of that helps! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/WolbachiaBurgers
    [link] [comments]

    Should Broly get Super Saiyan 4?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    I think it would be nice to give Broly a unique form for him, seeing as how Goku and Vegeta have God forms, and Gohan kind've has mystic.

    submitted by /u/HuntsmetalslimesXI
    [link] [comments]

    The Person behind all the different tine lines

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Beerus. He told Frieza to destroy Planet Vageta, which raised suspicion in Bardock prompting him to send goku off world, who (Goku) is the reason why Gero made Cell who traveled the furthest back changing the timelines which lead to trucks etc. Etc.

    submitted by /u/Northrnging13
    [link] [comments]

    Goku vs piccolo jr

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Can we all talk about how during a majority of the fight goku was holding back and only using about 70% of all his power till the end of fighting piccolo to give him a challenge because if we went dull power he would've decimated piccolo quickly

    submitted by /u/shinjisOP
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the rest of Frieza's species?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Where are the rest of Frieza's species in universe 7, shouldn't there be more of them running aroun

    submitted by /u/SuperSage368
    [link] [comments]

    Deus Ex Machina in the whole db series?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    So what are some Deus Ex Machina moments in db series?

    I see some people saying that just because the anime doesn't explain things with "enough precision " , it's automatically a deus ex machina, how is this?

    Extra: If someone could tell me an example of a deus ex machina moment in other anime as well pls.

    submitted by /u/GhostNsniper1
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the 'Emperor Pilaf Arc' of Dragon Ball

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    having never seen anything before and being very new to the franchise, I was skeptical of purchasing the original dragon Ball, but i have not regretted my decision. This series is amazing, and absolutely hilarious. Review for the pilaf arc:

    Postives- •the gags and humour make me roll over and the extremely naive outlook of the MC, Goku is hilarious to watch. •lots of interesting characters and almost all of them received good screen time. •EXPECTED CLIMAX- i guessed that the wish they make wasn't going to be conventional. and my boy oolong proved me just right. (lol. panties?) •UNEXPECTED CLIMAX- the sudden revelation that Goku accidentally killed his grandfather and can turn into a giant ape was a jaw drop moment. what my guess is that the kid is a failed bio experiment, and escaped somehow. (explains his strength and transformation)

    Negetives- there wasn't much to not like here, but if i had to say, it would be the antagonists. pilaf and gang are hard to take seriously, but im not complaining about that(most of the arc was humor oriented anyway). they do get irritating after a while. Also, we didn't get any back story about goku and his grandfather, which i do hope i get to see.

    overall i say that this was a very good watch. always heard people complaining that dragon Ball was all about fights, but the very first arc wasnt much fight oriented. hoping to see some good action. especially some beam like attacks that master roshi used (kamehameha wave). the end saw goku depart for master roshi's and i do hope to see some hilarious moments bw these two endearing characters. also be looking forward to see where bulma and yamcha will end up.

    next up, 'Tournament Saga'. going in with great expectations!

    submitted by /u/certifiedbinger21
    [link] [comments]

    Son Goku by me [oc]

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    The whole reincarnation process

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Remember in Z when vegeta was about to do the final explosion and piccolo told him that because he's done so many evil deeds he won't keep his body and his soul will be reincarnated without any of his memories. Well the exact same thing happened to Buu but why not frieza?

    submitted by /u/blackmamba995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment