• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Dragon Ball Z - Dragon ball Z refrence in the new episode of the owl house

    Dragon Ball Z - Dragon ball Z refrence in the new episode of the owl house


    Dragon ball Z refrence in the new episode of the owl house

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    Chinese Relay team performing the Kamehameha at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    OC Majin buu and Mr.satan drawing with markers

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    They should bring this skill back in the show.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Brazilian Isaquias Queiroz celebrates his gold medal in canoeing with a Kamehameha

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:44 PM PDT

    I finished my Super Saiyan God Vegeta drawing on my school chromebook.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    All the old dragonball movies just had a different flavor and it was great

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    Janemba Goku Vegeta - https://imgur.com/LN4cehJ

    Pikkon!!! - https://imgur.com/D5Jd5Rl

    I just rewatched Fusion Reborn and it seems like all the movies from 1995 and earlier (Wrath of the Dragon, Fusion Reborn, biO BrOLy, Lord Slug, Tree of Might with my forgotten Turles, The Worlds strongest..) they had a particular feel to thyem that I loved, then Path to power in 1996 battle of gods..

    I love the old animation and sounds from the movies and god damnit I miss Pikkon I was they could have done more with him

    submitted by /u/kills0ck
    [link] [comments]

    Kame House. Any thoughts on this or what i should make next?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    I rewatched DBZ for the first time since finishing it 10 years ago...

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    When I first watched DBZ in 2011 it was the only anime I had ever watched and I loved it. I started actually watching anime in around 2015, which is coincidentally when DBS started. But when Super was airing my opinion DBZ gradually decreased in value over time. I remember when super ended I thought to myself that I enjoyed the show, however it was kinda childish and I must've loved Dragon Ball as much as I did in 2011 because I was a 10 year old kid. So I kinda came a conclusion that Dragon Ball is a kids show at the end of the day, and I must not enjoy it as much because I'm not a kid anymore. That was until I randomly decided to rewatch DBZ recently. And BOY was I wrong.

    Dragon Ball Z is SOOO FUCKING GOOD. I enjoyed this watch JUST as much as I did as kid, if not more. The tone, the fights, the character development, the music, its all just so so so so so good. Not to shit on super, but I think Super sort of overrode my perception of DBZ and I figured the characters and and general plots hadn't changed much. But I was like, shocked, at how much different everything was.

    For some examples, the androids were fucking brutal!! I had remembered that they were villains at one point of course, but I forgot how much they had a complete disregard for anyone's life. Another example is Goku. SO MUCH DIFFERENT IN Z THAN SUPER!!! When I got to the buu arc and Goku legit threatened to kill the supreme kai, I was like "Bwahahaha!! Who the fuck is THIS GUY???" Goku, being deadly serious about taking the life of someone innocent, because he's in the way of his fight with Vegeta, regardless of the fact Supreme Kai had a very valid reason to prevent them from fighting, was just astonishing. I had started viewing Goku as this childlike, goofy, heroic dumbass, who loves a good fight. Even though he's still that to an extent in Z, I had forgotten he had another side to him that would get serious if he was invested in something. Loved it.

    The villains are also just amazing. Absolutely amazing. From Raditz, to Vegeta, The Ginyu Force, Frieza, the Androids, Cell, Buu, and everybody between were so great. I just found it amazing that even characters who were at the pinnacle of silliness and comedic relief like The Ginyu Force, who would run around striking poses (lol), and Cell Jr's who were just menacing little toddlers, somehow maintained that sense of depth to them. Like, they didn't just feel like a goofy side character. I could feel that they were threats. It had the silliness, but I think that sense of depth is what I really lost in super which I thought applied to DBZ as well, In which I was wrong.

    The way that the series is centered on Goku, but isn't ALL about Goku was also refreshing. I had forgotten how much I absolutely loved a lot of the side characters that didn't get much shine in Super. Like kid and teen Gohan, and the over-the-top arrogant personality of Gotenks. Vegeta's character progression was also just so damn beautiful. That Saiyan pride of his was a staple of his character that I had all but forgotten about. Then when he sacrificed himself trying to kill Buu it felt so impactful. The way every character had flaws to them (besides simply not being stronger than their current opponent at the given moment) made the whole cast feel so real. With all this being said, upon my revisit of Dragon Ball Z, I was reminded without a shadow of a doubt why I was in love with this series. 10/10

    submitted by /u/JustBoolinBruh
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Toriyama change Bardocks story so dramatically?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    If I recall correctly he enjoyed the Bardock special. So why didn't he just keep it that way, said it was canon and called it a day? I for one enjoyed the hero's origin story twist it gave. Instead of a noble race of warriors, it was race of ruthless people who enjoyed the thrill of battle.

    It was also the made the ending such a refreshing irony. Bardock rejected the boy who would grow up to unknowingly avenge the sayian race.

    submitted by /u/Fossils222
    [link] [comments]

    I want a frieza/ cooler fusion movie

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    Frieza must know at this point he can't take Goku and vegeta as Fusion is the trump card that would end him every time even if their new forms didn't murder him already

    But what if he trained cooler to attain gold form with the purpose of countering fusion with their own fusion. As Fusion is temporary he would then plan to defuse and then murder cooler.

    This is a fight I would love to see in the style of the new broly movie. Someone that is actually on par or stronger than vegitio or gogeta

    submitted by /u/wental-waynhim
    [link] [comments]

    Best Dragon Ball song?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    This post includes:

    • Insert songs
    • Opening and ending songs
    • Series OSTs
    • OSTs made for specific countries
    • Versions of songs dubbed in different languages (i.e., Latin American Spanish version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA)
    • Opening and ending songs made for specific countries (like the French DBZ opening that went "Dragon Ball Zed, zed, ᶻᵉᵈ", the Canadian opening that was like "Dragon Dragon Ball.....DRAGON BALL ZEEE" and the Arabic opening)
    • Song remixes
    • Video game music
    • Movie songs

    This post does NOT include:

    • Fan covers of songs
    • Fanmade remixes/instrumentals
    • Fanmade songs
    • Songs made for fanmade series like Dragon Ball Deliverance and Dragon Ball Absalon
    submitted by /u/SengokuPeriodWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Ball Fusions 2 is a Major Need.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    The first one was great and being able to make almost every fan-wanted fusion ever was such a terrific basis for a Dragon Ball game. A sequel on the Switch and possibly other platforms with more characters, races and fusions as well as updated graphics, gameplay, and world-space on top of a new story would be incredible. I know the first game is well-loved, but I feel it was initially overlooked by many for being on the 3DS as well as not being the usual genre of fighting game that the DBZ community knows and loves. With all that said, would you want to see a sequel? What would you want to see in this sequel?

    submitted by /u/samssonova
    [link] [comments]

    In defense of the DBZ ending

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    A lot of people hate it. it felt rushed having a 10 year timeskip and the fact Goku hasn't seen Bulma and Vegeta in 5 years is ridiculous in story since Bulma and Vegeta have seen pan already judging by their non reaction to when she first appeared in the series.

    With this being the case, I am referring to the final scene of Goku leaving to train Uub. The anime made Goku look harsher than he was in the manga. In the manga, he said he will train Uub, doesn't know long it will take, and will come to visit. it was vague. It could have easily meant he would routinely use instant transmission to pop in to see his family as often as everyday for an hour, or a few times a week, or once a week, or whatever.

    The anime made it sound like he would be gone a super long time and that he wouldn't even be around to visit. The way he spoke to pan, it sounded like he wouldn't be around to see her grow, suggesting he wasn't even going to visit despite having the fucking instant transmission. He even apologized for Vegeta for not having one more fight, which implies he wouldn't be visiting. It makes his nonchalant behavior towards his wife chichi and second son Goten (who he's only seen for 10 years) look baffling. Its dumb and it mischaracterizes Goku and the plot.

    The reason I am defending the end of dbz is because I am defending the manga's writing of it. It wasn't stating Goku was never going to see his family while training Uub. In fact, he said he would visit which makes him seem less terrible as a person but more importantly, makes more sense in story since he has flight and instant transmission to visit them often. it helps to explain why he was nonchalant in saying bye to his family because he knew it wasn't a big deal since he come back whenever and fairly often.

    Also, him leaving to train Uub is meant to solidify goku's internal need. his internal need is the fulfillment and happiness he gets from fighting, competing, and training. He was so happy at the idea of training Buu's reincarnation and having to spar with him once he's strong. it is what brings him joy, more joy than being with his family all the time. vegeta and piccolo basically said all of this in the manga. piccolo said he's never seen goku this happy while vegeta suspected goku wanting to raise the next hero wasn't his true inner motivation (it is to train and fight uub).

    To wrap it up, some of the elements of the timeskip was rushed, shaky, and nonsensical. toriyama was exhausted but the final scene was meant to give the series protagonist his inner need which is the whole point of a story. A character has an inner human need and when they gets it, the story concludes. I encourage people to reread the final chapter in the manga. it makes more sense than the anime which made it seem like goku was not going to even visit his family despite having easy means to do it. It also makes his nonchalant behavior look more baffling.

    tl:dr - goku training uub accomplished his inner need as a person and it is confirmed by what piccolo and vegeta thought and know of him. the anime made goku's decision to do it look more harsh from personal preference standpoint and also nonsensical from a in story writing standpoint (since he can fly or use instant transmission to see his love ones very often even if he's training uub). I believe the anime made the ending leave people with worst taste in their stomach. The anime, especially the older dubs, has had a history of mischaracterizing goku on multiple occasions.

    submitted by /u/clippy300
    [link] [comments]

    I Think Super Saiyan God Should've Been Mastered First In The Goku Black Arc Instead Of Blue

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Like I Know God Is Weaker Than Blue And With Mastered God It Wouldn't Be At The Level Of Merged Zamasu But With Techniques And Strategies Goku Would Some How Get The Upper Hand And Still Do The Hakai Right

    submitted by /u/Narrow_Cap_3445
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment