• Breaking News

    Friday, April 2, 2021

    Dragon Ball Z - Decked out my wall last night

    Dragon Ball Z - Decked out my wall last night


    Decked out my wall last night

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Korin Tower (OC)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Found this in Lake Tahoe...I don't know if I should try it or just save it as a shelf thing

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Drip kid goku (OC) Art by me

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    [FANART] casual Goku I created. Would you like to see other DB character on casual outfit?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    The collectible room DBZ section. Cards, VHS, and some other junk.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    [OC] my piccolo painting

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Recent haul I got for 80 bucks

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    SSJ Namek Goku drawn by me

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Journey to the West outfit sticker for my diary

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    GT Gohan and Goten created by me

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    From my dragon ball spinoff off manga, Nappa and Vegeta meet my OC and main character

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Not very accurate but close enough

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    My Dragon Ball binge continued: Dragon Ball Super

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    So I started my binge of super. At episode 18.

    1) the transformation into SSG was probably the best "process" so far including SS4.

    2) the fight with Beerus was pretty awesome.

    3) the episodes went from a Bruce Lee movie to Seinfeld at this point... like what the heck am I watching now lol

    4) I don't remember Goku being so annoying before this....

    submitted by /u/Pastor-Dan
    [link] [comments]

    I'm now on episode 68 of DBZ

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    This is my first time watching anything related to Dragon Ball and I'm now a fan. I wish I watched this show when I was much younger. I completely missed out on a childhood.

    submitted by /u/JackLiberty0
    [link] [comments]

    Think I'm going to finally wear the custom DBZ All-stars my girlfriend had made for me a few years ago. I didn't have the heart t wear them, but now my heart feels like they should get to experience life a bit����

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    (OC) Fanart of the universe 11 boys. They've really grown on me, and have become some of my favorite characters.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    (OC) Son Goku X Granolah: " Battle of Universe 7 Strongest! "

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    (DBZ) Why/How Do People Prefer the Manga Over the Anime?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    I'm reading bits of the DBZ manga for the first time in a very long time; on the other hand, I watch the anime every few years in its entirety.

    From what I'm reading so far, apart from the art being a thing of beauty (especially in the Frieza arc), I'm finding the anime is a superior experience for me.

    My reasoning:

    Dragonball Z never had a particularly strong story: there isn't really twists, turns, layers, mystery, or interpersonal drama.

    Although what it does have and what I'd say it does better than any other anime, is the fight scenes.

    The close quarter combat, the energy beam struggles, the screams, the excellent sound track, and the struggle to survive and breaking through to new limits.

    In essence, what DBZ did arguably better than any other anime is the emotional impact it had to pump you up, as no other anime gives the same type of visceral experience when watching the characters duke it out and evolve their skills.

    However, almost all of this is stripped away in the manga; not only because of the obvious limitations of pencil and paper means there is no voices, no soundtrack, and no movement, but the pacing of the manga itself is very quick.

    For instance, the battles don't have anywhere near the same kind of emotional buildup or intensity due to this pacing. For example, when Vegeta goes SSJ1 against #19, there's a few blurbs of dialogue and 1 panel from regular to fully transformed -- in other words, no emotional build up/intensity for such a transformation.

    Another issue is the dialogue itself is quite jarring in the manga (possibly because of the translations), and is clearly superior in the (Funimation) dub.

    To reiterate, I feel that the magic of DBZ isn't in its story, but in its ability to give you a visceral experience -- to pump you up not unlike a good rock song does, as characters fight and struggle to the death and reach new pinnacles of power and skill.

    And most of this is lost in the manga.

    It seems many people prefer the manga over the anime. So what is it that people enjoy more about the manga that I might be missing?

    The common answer I see is pacing. But as you can see, I think the pacing is too fast and too much is lost when compared to the anime.

    submitted by /u/barelybreathing23
    [link] [comments]

    Your least favorite DBZ fighter?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    Not to persuade your answer, for me it's Tien Shinhan. He was introduced as a really strong character and then his power level dropped like lead thrown into the ocean.

    submitted by /u/Pakun-of-Dundrasil
    [link] [comments]

    If goku didn’t die in the saiyan arc, would they have lost?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Just a thought. If piccolo and goku would have beaten radditz by dodging or not using the special beam cannon. Would they have beaten vegeta since his death led to Training with king Kai, the key to defeating the prince.

    submitted by /u/dorkymcgee
    [link] [comments]

    Did kami know instant transmission?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    So I've been watching DBZ and playing the games and such and notice kami can travel..... really fast or in ways similar to instant transmission.

    submitted by /u/cthalo
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I'd show off my favorite backpack ��

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment