• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Dragon Ball Z - My collection just grew a little bit recently (finally got around to buying the Movies Dragon Box) so... just thought I'd share my whole DragonBall/Toriyama collection.

    Dragon Ball Z - My collection just grew a little bit recently (finally got around to buying the Movies Dragon Box) so... just thought I'd share my whole DragonBall/Toriyama collection.


    My collection just grew a little bit recently (finally got around to buying the Movies Dragon Box) so... just thought I'd share my whole DragonBall/Toriyama collection.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Didn‘t draw Goku in forever, so have this

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Piccolo (Done by me)

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Vegeta instant transmission, me, procreate

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Unpopular Opinion: Future Trunks Saga from DBS should have happened after the Tournament of Power arc.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    (I'm using the anime as the baseline, not the manga) Don't hate me for this, but Zamasu's character and endgame were well on point, but the way everything happened felt like a weak plot direction. He's already shown to be repressing a large amount of dislike and hatred for mortals, he's elitist and he's a sociopath. That much is a cliche and works for him. What doesn't work is the motivation itself. (He sees a planet full of creatures yet to civilize and grow, Goku challenges him to a fight and gets all goofy with him and that's it?)

    What should have happened is, the tournament of power starts off as planned. Zamasu with his immense dislike for mortals sees how strong some of the players are (Jiren, Top, Hit, Android 17, Goku, Vegeta etc), this should be the pissing off point for him where his universe doesn't have anyone strong enough to challenge the competing universes and he justifies it as mortals aren't supposed to be that strong and gets offended that fighters in the competition are actually stronger than he is. As his universe loses and before they are eradicated, he concludes that Goku is the strongest and he's also the one Zamasu hates the most there (for insisting on a tournament in the first place and being so casual around his universe's gods and the Grand Zeno which he finds disrespectful and something he cannot tolerate cz you know he's petty and elitist).

    Once, he's brought back to life along with the other universes, his ego goes for a toss as he was revived from the wishes made by "mere mortals" and learns from his Angel Kusu that Goku, Android 17 defeated Jiren in the end.

    So this is where the plot with accumulating the super dragon balls and the alternate timeline Zamasu and all that comes in and the rest is as mostly as shown in the anime.

    Plus, this could have been potential for going about things in two ways...

    A) Ask the dragon for Goku's body and go about the same plot.

    Or

    B) Zamasu feels Android 17 is a better bet and asks for another android 17 and we get super 17 as the main villain along with Zamasu for the future arc.

    If A) was the way to go, then...

    A subplot could have been Goku not being able to tap into ultra instinct and Whis figuring out that his power is not manifesting on purpose to avoid Goku Black from learning the same technique which would prove most fatal.

    Let me know if this was half decent at least.

    submitted by /u/SavanGray
    [link] [comments]

    Hope y'all will enjoy my UI Goku fanart.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Goku on the Flying Nimbus I drew

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Just finished reading/watching all Dragon Ball

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    I never read/watched any DB content as a kid and I wanted to check it out now that I have all the time in the world lol

    I'll share my thoughts below. Btw, I started watching the anime but thought the pacing was too damn slow and the manga drawings look WAY better so I read it instead.

    Dragon Ball (From Pilaf to Buu arcs):

    • Overall, I enjoyed the hell out of it, the story is very simple but it's extremely fun. The characters aren't super complex but I loved most of them, my favorites being Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Trunks (from the future) and Frieza.

    • The fights are BY FAR the best and most enjoyable I've ever seen/read in my life, Toriyama has to be the ultimate fighting mangaka. It's just insane how damn good this man is at creating fights! His awesome art and panelling makes the action really pop out of the pages like in no other manga, I really can't praise the action enough, it's mindblowingly good and easy to follow.

    • If I have to pick a favorite arc, it's definitely the Saiyan arc, it's flawless imo. The pacing and length of the arc was perfect, the art and action was at its highest point and the plot was very interesting and intense. I thought the villains (saiyans) were the most entertaining and the biggest assholes in the whole story XD Goku (and friends) vs Vegeta is the best fight I've ever seen. I'd have to make an entire post just to praise tf out of this masterpiece of a fight, so I'll just say I loved absolutely everything about it lol

    • The only arc I disliked was Buu, I felt Toriyama was tired by this point and I totally get it with how long the manga is. I thought Buu was fun at first but I started getting bored of him by the second half of the arc. Overall, this arc felt very repetitive and too over the top/ridiculous for me, I liked the conclusion though. If I had to rank all the arcs, it would be: 1. Saiyan 2. Frieza 3. 23rd Tournament 4. King Piccolo 5. 22nd Tournament 6. Cell 7. 21st Tournament 8. Red Ribbon 9. Pilaf 10. Buu

    I give Dragon Ball a 9/10 (I'd give it a 10 if Buu arc didn't exist and if Cell arc was a bit better written). I'm very glad I read this and I'm looking forward to start with the DBS manga, I read I have to watch the God of Destruction and Resurrection F movies first, so I'll do that and start reading tomorrow!

    submitted by /u/Mad_Cerberus
    [link] [comments]

    Cheelai drawn on Photoshop

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    3 days this took me

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black digital drawing by me.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    SS2 Goku drawing(reference in comments)

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    I drew Goku, childhood nostalgia.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    Why does DBZ get hate from other anime fans?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    From what I see, outside of the dbz fandom (or whatever the hell we call it), seems like dbz is a joke the other anime fans. They'll say it's shitty anime and do nothing but cherry pick all the negatives even tho DBZ is more successful than any of the anime they like whether they want to admit it. Idk if it's just weebs who think DBZ is too westernized for their taste or what. Shit is hella annoying tho.

    submitted by /u/RockThaDragon11
    [link] [comments]

    Would the spirit bomb even have worked on Jiren?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I mean he kinda has a pure heart since he's part of a hero squad (besides towards the end).

    He probably only deflected it because Goku was thinking like a fucking monkey and was about to destroy the entire stage.

    submitted by /u/MigatteMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Mr. Satan’s Fighting

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Do you think Mr.Satan was a good fighter?

    submitted by /u/Shock638
    [link] [comments]

    What dbz characters ended up being disappointing to you?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    I always felt like Raditz could've been so much more. I wish they had eventually had him turn good and help out the rest of the Z fighters take on major villains. What with him being Goku's brother it would make a lot of sense from a storyline standpoint. I was real dissappointed with Gohan in the Buu Saga. He went from a badass who defeated Cell to Great Sayianman and overall becoming a joke character. Future Trunks ended up looking like a an afterthought in the Cell saga which sucked because it felt like the show was hyping him up after killing Mecha Frieza and King Cold only for him to look like Cell's bitch. What characters ended up disappointing you?

    submitted by /u/RockThaDragon11
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite scenes in the original series that weren't in Kai?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Debating whether or not to buy the season blu rays even though I already own all the Kai blu rays. I like a lot of the filler and extra stuff since its what I grew up with, as well as that sweet sweet Bruce Falconer score.

    So yeah, just want to hear about your favorite scenes from the original series that weren't in Kai

    submitted by /u/Artedrow
    [link] [comments]

    Wife painted a few years ago

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Settle a debate for best animation Z,GT and Super

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Basically want to rank which show has the best animated quality and character designs. Please do not take into account of filler episodes and the first 6 episodes of Super.

    My rank is as follow Z GT Super

    submitted by /u/grimmjaw061
    [link] [comments]

    Was Cell that much of a villain?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    He only seemed to want to reach his perfect form but took some drastic steps like absorbing random people to get there and destroying islands. But he didn't seem to have an evil plan like Frieza would but he wanted to test his power.

    submitted by /u/UMOZ343
    [link] [comments]

    Look at the delicious energy drinks I’ve found!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Piccolos death in Super

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who hated that scene. It almost ruins Gohans character arc because it shows that after all he went through Gohan still has to depend on others. Super had some nice throwbacks, Frieza giving his energy to Goku, Vegeta taking Trunks to the park, and Goku shadow-fighting Grandpa Gohan before the T.O.P. But this scene was just terrible, the animation and the corny music made it unbearable for me to watch. I'm not one to bring up GT vs Super too often, but I really liked his death in GT. Say what you want about the black star dragon balls, the scene itself was well done and Piccolo even talked about how Gohan has grown through the years.

    Thank you for reading, I'd be happy to discuss if you think otherwise :)

    submitted by /u/supersaiyan_ag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment